The list contains many well-known names. I have listed some of them:
- Jim Collins (Good to Great & Build to Last),
- Michael Porter (Competitive Advantage),
- Marcus Buckingham (First, Break All The Rules & Now, Discover Your Strengths),
- Don Tapscott (Wikinomics),
- Malcolm Gladwell (The Tipping Point & Blink),
- Gary Hamel (The Core Competence of the Corporation),
- Seth Godin (Purple Cow),
- Tom Peters (In Search of Excellence & The Pursuit of WOW!),
- Thomas Friedman (The World Is Flat),
- Daniel Goleman (Emotional Intelligence) and
- Stephen Covey (The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People)
However, what I find most interesting is that the list has 8 people of Indian origin!
|Vijay Govindarajan (3)|
|Nitin Nohria (13)|
|Nirmalya Kumar (26)|
|Pankaj Ghemawat (27)|
|Vineet Nayar (40)|
|Rakesh Khurana (41)|
|Sheena Iyengar (48)|
|Subir Chowdhury (50)|
The number of people of Indian origin has been increasing steadily over the years – from 2 in 2001 to 8 this year.
One more point which I find very intriguing is that there is only one person of Far East origin which includes Japan, China, and South Korea etc.